Friday, July 10, 2009

WHEN IN DOUBT, BLAME THE EDITING


One of this season's bachelorettes contestants, Wes Hayden, feels the shows editors distorted his reality and made it appear as if he had a girlfriend on the side.  As we all know by now editing can be , uh somewhat manipulative.  Did you really think the Producers were going to hold off telling a good story that is going to produce great ratings because your feelings may get hurt, not in Hollywood baby!  People, people-that is the risk you take when you sign up for a reality show!


"They're cleaver man.  They really are, I have to give it to them," Wes told KHFI-FM's "Bobby Bones Show" radio program during an interview with the Austin, TX station on Tuesday. 

"I kind of feel like all gloves are off right now... I don't care -- the contract that I signed to go on that show was very, very thick.  They said 'Hey, we can use your likeness as we see fit, that helps the needs of the show, okay.'  And there's like clauses, like mental distress, and using you in ways that is untrue to your character, and this is that.  Basically when you sign up for a show like this you pretty much relinquish every right that you have.  And I can understand them taking me and basing their ratings around me -- because they did it for eight shows, and they never let up from the day I set out of the limo [on the premiere episode]." 

"They want me on the reunion show but I am scared to death to go on there and open my mouth and I told them that," Wes said.  "I said 'Look, if I trusted y'all I would go on the show.'  But there's no telling what they're going to make me out to sound like.  If the show was live -- like we're sitting around right here -- and it was live to tape [I'd go]." 

0 comments: