Friday, April 24, 2009

FOR SIMON COWELL-CHANGE IS GOOD


Simon talks about not wanting to continue on American Idol for another five years and thoughts of departing the show if it slips from the #1 spot.  Why wait, leave now!  


“The idea that for the next five years, I’d be doing exactly what I’ve been doing for the past five years … the thought is just too depressing,” Cowell said in a recent interview in his trailer awaiting a taping of Idol at CBS Television City. “I’d go nuts, bored out of my mind. You have to evolve, you have to change. I like the challenge of launching something new.”

Asked if he would want to stay on Idol if the series ever slipped from No. 1 in the Nielsens, Cowell burst out laughing at the apparent obviousness of the answer.

“Absolutely not!” he said, looking horrified. “It's like running in the 100 meters and saying 'I came in fifth' -- then why bother? Being No. 1 is verging on an obsession with me. I don’t like being No. 2. I don’t mind when you start at No. 10 -- people don’t always go on as No. 1 -- and you’ve got somewhere to go. But if you’re at the point you’ve reached it, of course you want to stay there."

0 comments: